Yamato Transport U.S.A., Inc.’s (hereinafter “Company”) Corporate Social Responsibility policies require it to protect Personal Information that can identify a a customer’s name, address, e-mail address, and other data ("Personal Information"). Thus, the Company respects your privacy and has instituted the following safeguard measures concerning the proper handling and use of Personal Information.
1. Compliance with applicable Laws and Regulations
The Company will observe all applicable laws and regulations, as well as the Company’s in-house rules, concerning protection of Personal Information.
2. Purpose of Use
The Company will use Personal Information necessary to provide its business services to its customers and will regularly communicate the intended purpose of the Personal Information to you. The Company will not use it beyond the specified purpose. Should the Company need to use your Personal Information beyond the scope of the intended purpose, the Company will obtain your consent, except when permitted by law.
3. Collection/Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will collect and/or acquire Personal Information only to the extent necessary for its business and in a manner that is appropriate and lawful.
4. Proper Management of Personal Information
The Company shall take appropriate protective measures to prevent Personal Information from unlawful access, and to prevent loss, destruction, falsification, and disclosure of the Personal Information.
5. Limitation on Providing Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company will not provide Personal Information to any third party unless the Customer consents, or unless permitted by law.. However, the Company may provide limited Personal Information to relevant third party entities without customer’s consent where necessary for the Company to perform its services for the Customer.
6. Shared Usage
The Personal Information may be shared among and within the Yamato Group companies. Please refer here for a detailed listing of these companies.
a. Items of Shared Use
- Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail Address, industry, type of business, etc.
b. Purpose of Use
- To research and analyze the market to develop new products/services
- To send communications (e.g. direct mail) to introduce products/services
- To confirm the qualifications or identity of the customer in providing products/services
- To implement effective measures for smooth and adequate business relationships with customers
7. Requests for Disclosure of Personal Informationn
The Company shall promptly respond to any direct requests or inquiries for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of the Personal Information, unless required otherwise by law.
9. Continuous Improvements
In view of the developments in information technology and the changes in social requirements, the Company will implement continuous improvements in its management structure and its approaches to ensure protection of the Personal Information.